Suryoday Small Finance Bank (SSFB) has introduced a "Health and Wellness Savings Account" that offers a 6.25 percent interest rate, free insurance, and healthcare benefits, unlimited free ATM transactions, and more. To open this savings account, you must comply with the bank's KYC standard and maintain an average monthly balance of Rs 3 lakh. Keep on reading to know more about Suryoday Small Finance Bank's Health and Wellness Savings Account.
Eligibility required to open Health and Wellness Savings Account
According to the official website of the bank, one must fall under the below-listed eligibility criteria to open this savings account:
- Resident Individual - Single or Joint Account
- Age - 18 years to 65 years (Below 18 years or above 65 years of age are not eligible for this account).
- As per Key Health Declaration form to be submitted.
- Rs. 3 Lakhs AMB requirement to be met in the Savings Account.
- To run the account, you must have a monthly average balance (AMB) of Rs. 3,00,000. Non-maintenance costs will be charged by the bank if this minimum balance requirement is not fulfilled, i.e. if AMB maintained is more than equal to 90 percent: Rs. 500 per month, and if AMB maintained is less than 90 percent: Rs. 1,500 per month.
The objective of the Health and Wellness Savings Account is to secure both your health and your wealth. The following are the three key health and wellness features and perks on this account according to the bank:
- Complimentary Top-up Health Insurance of Rs 25 Lakhs with 5 Lakhs deductible for Self and Family (2 Adults ie Self and Spouse +2 Children) for 1st year
- Complimentary Annual Healthcare Package for Family of 4 for 1st Year Unlimited phone/video consultation Specialist Consultation at network hospitals (Twice a year) Free Health Check-up (Twice a year) 4 Free Online Pharmacy Vouchers of Rs 500 each 2 Free Dental Consultation Vouchers 2 Diet fit Vouchers to avail Diet Management Program for 90 days Network Discount Card for availing discounts at select member outlets.
- Complimentary On Call Emergency Ambulance Medical Care Services upto a distance of 20 Kms till 31 Mar 2022
- For the first year, once you open an account, you will receive free health insurance and an annual healthcare bundle. After the second year, you can freely renew the services with the Service Providers at the prevailing rates. The Free Ambulance service is available until March 31, 2022, and the bank may extend it further than that period at its own discretion.
- For complimentary on-call emergency ambulance medical care services, Suryoday Bank has collaborated with Ziqitza Healthcare Pvt Ltd. Customers can reach them at 9700001298, the call center's contact number. If the aforementioned number is unavailable, customers can call 7007620119 / 9029241242. For validation reasons, a customer must submit his or her account number and date of birth to a Ziqitza call center representative. The customer's account number and date of birth will be verified by a call center representative, who will then schedule an ambulance for the account holder.
- Depending on the availability, both Advanced Life Support (ALS - Cardiac) Ambulance and Basic Life Support Ambulance (BLS) are provided. The Advanced Life Support Ambulance will be driven by a driver and a paramedic, while the Basic Life Support Ambulance will be accompanied by a driver and a helper. The supply of ambulance and oxygen is dependent on availability, which is determined by the severity of the Covid crisis in the city of the customer.
Here are the other features and benefits of the Health and Wellness Savings Account, according to the website of Suryoday Small Finance Bank.
- A higher interest rate of upto 6.25% p.a on your Savings Bank account.
- Monthly pay-out of interest in the account.
- RuPay Platinum Secure Chip Debit Card with ATM withdrawal limit of Rs. 1,50,000 per day, POS Usage Limit - Value of Transactions - Rs 3,00,000 per day, Unlimited free transactions on Suryoday SFB ATM, Unlimited free transactions on other bank ATM in India, Unlimited number of transactions on POS.
- Personal Accidental Death Insurance or Permanent Total Disablement cover of Rs 2 lakhs.
- Competitive cash deposit limits.
- Free unlimited RTGS/NEFT/IMPS transactions through all channels.
- Doorstep Banking facility (basis availability at branch).
- Monthly e-mail statements free of cost.
- Half-yearly physical statement free of cost.
Interest Rates On Health and Wellness Savings Account
Here are the most recent interest rates on savings accounts of Suryoday Small Finance Bank which are in force from June 1, 2020.
|Daily Closing Balance Slabs (Domestic)||% rate per annum|
|Up to and including Rs. 1 Lakh||4.00%|
|Above Rs. 1 Lakh up to & including Rs. 10 Lakhs||6.25%|
|Above Rs. 10 Lakhs||6.00%|
|Source: Bank Website|