How to correct details in EPFO database if past record is incorrect?

Posted By:
Subscribe to GoodReturns

How to correct details in EPFO database if past record is incorrect?
It's possible that a Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) member spots some incorrect details that has creeped in from his previous employment.

If a member finds that his previous employment details as available in the EPFO database are incorrect, he can rectify the same.

While filing the online transfer claim, he can click on the "The following information is incorrect". The fields thereafter would become editable for correction.

After entering the correct details in the relevant fields, he has to take a printout of the letter generated (in PDF form), sign it and submit to concerned EPFO office through the previous employer.

The online claim can only be submitted with revised details only after the same is rectified by the concerned office after receipt of the letter. Any online claim submitted prior to rectification would be submitted with the available data only. Alternatively, the member can submit the physical claim through his employer.

How to file the transfer claim online

A member can check the eligibility to file the Transfer Claim Online at the link available on the Homepage of EPFO website This can be accessed through the link - For Employees > Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP) > Check eligibility to file Online Transfer Claim or at the URL

Also read EPFO to allot permanent a/c number by October

Read more about: epfo
Please Wait while comments are loading...
Company Search
Enter the first few characters of the company's name or the NSE symbol or BSE code and click 'Go'