The Bank of Baroda has made significant adjustments to its cheque payment rules that will take effect today, June 1, 2021. BoB has enforced 'Positive pay confirmation' for cheque payments compulsory for its customers in order to combat fraudsters. Customers would only need to verify their cheque credentials if the amount to be cleared exceeds Rs 2 lakh, according to the bank.
In a tweet, Bank Of Baroda has recently stated that "Centralized Positive Pay System is proposed to be mandatory from 1st June for all the cheques issued for Rs.2 Lacs & above. Avail the benefit of the Positive Pay System & prevent fraud in your account. Know more toll-free 18002584455 / 18001024455 or visit https://t.co/2ZHA16Dmbn pic.twitter.com/cz3zVLnMh5." On its official website Bank of Baroda has also stated that "Customers are requested to provide us advance intimation of cheques issued to the beneficiaries so that Bank at the time of presentment in CTS clearing can pass the High Value cheques without contacting to the customers."
Centralized Positive Pay System is proposed to be mandatory from 1st June for all the cheques issued for Rs.2 Lacs & above. Avail the benefit of the Positive Pay System & prevent fraud in your account. Know more toll-free 18002584455 / 18001024455 or visit https://t.co/2ZHA16Dmbn pic.twitter.com/cz3zVLnMh5— Bank of Baroda (@bankofbaroda) May 27, 2021
Here's all you need to about the new cheque payment rule of Bank of Baroda
- A cheque of Rs 50,000 or more can be processed.
- M Connect+, Baroda Net Banking (BOBiBanking), Call Center - 1800 258 4455, Physical Visit to Branch, SMS on 8422009988, Whatsapp Banking, and other modes/channels are offered for confirmation by the bank.
- 6 compulsory details such as Payee's name, Amount, Cheque Date, Account number, Cheque number and Transaction Code must be provided for confirmation.
- Since no changes can be made once the data is sent to NPCI, there is no option for Modify/Delete confirmation in any mode.
- If the provided details match the actual cheque given in the clearing, and everything else is in order, such as sufficient funds, signature match, and so on, the cheque will be approved.
- Only confirmations submitted/verified through all/any mode up to 06.00 PM (daily) will be submitted to NPCI for the subsequent clearing procedure. Following that, all confirmations will be processed in readiness for the next clearing session.
- Only the specified account number in Mobile/Net Banking, Branch Visit, and Call Center will be utilised to authenticate the status of the cheque, i.e. unused/already confirmed/passed.
- For each successful submission of Positive Pay confirmation, a reference number will be sent to the registered mobile number of the customer.
- Only one method must be used to provide confirmations. If the reference number is not received/lost/deleted, the customer can confirm the status using the same channel or through the call centre.
- Cheques that are more than three months old from the date of confirmation will not be accepted.
- A cheque with a future date will also be accepted by the bank.
- In Mobile Banking/Net Banking, customers must provide their login credentials (MPIN, Password, etc.). After completing the Customer Identification Processes, Call Center staff will process the Positive Pay confirmation.
- In the event that customers need to provide Positive Pay confirmation through any Bank of Baroda branch, the application format is attached for their scrutiny.
- To provide validation through any branch in India, all authorised signatories/signatory as per the operating instructions in the account must sign the confirmation form. Only the original confirmation form will be accepted by branches. Branches will not accept scanned images, fax, xerox copies, soft copy prints, or email requests, and so on.
- Customers will have access to all existing modes of booking complaints/grievance redressal forums.
- Stop payment of any confirmed or unconfirmed cheque is only valid until the end of the previous day of the cheque presentment day in CTS clearing, according to the bank.
- Cheque confirmation is available during the branch's regular business hours.
- Customers must ensure that they have sufficient funds for presentment/payment of the issued cheque/s, if confirmed or not.
Source: Bank of Baroda