Now tax payers need not send ITR V acknowledgement form to CPC Bangalore if tax payers aadhaar number is linked to Permanent Account Number (PAN).
Aadhaar card can be linked with PAN only if the details like Name, Date of Birth, Gender Match with Aadhaar Card.
After, aadhaar card is linked, one can e-verify your return if your mobile is registered.
Simple steps to link your aadhaar number to PAN:
- Login to income tax e-Filing portal
- After, login there will be a pop up screen to link your Aadhaar number
- If not, go to profile settings from main menu
- Click on Link to Aadhaar Linked to PAN
- Before entering the aadhaar number:
- Verify the name, date of birth, gender so that it matches with the PAN details
- Income tax department will validate all your details.
- Once cross verifying all the details, enter your number, Capatche code
- Click on Link Now.
- After validation, Aadhar number will be linked to your PAN
- Note that, aadhaar will be linked only if the details match
How to generate EVC through Income Tax site?
- Under e-file go to 'Generate EVC'
- Once you click on that, EVC generated will be sent to registered mobile number and Email ID. This can be used to e -verify return and it is valid for 72 hours.
Note that: This EVC can be used to e-verify your return only if your Gross Income Minus deductions is less than Rs 5 lakh and there is no refund.