Even if your ITR filed for FY 2019 or AY 2020-21 may be devoid of any errors your income tax refund is yet not processed, your ITR may be requiring pre-validation of bank account in which you wish to receive your income tax refund. This process has been kicked off from AY 2020-21.
And if you have still filed your return without pre-validation, this is the recourse you can take:
Steps to pre-validate the bank account:
1. Log into your e-filing account using your credentials on the income tax india e-filing site.
2. Select the 'Prevalidate your Bank Account' option under the profile setting tab.
3. Now in case the bank account is not pre-validated then bank account number and other details need to be given and as and when such a request shall be approved by the department it will reflect on your e-mail.
4. And here the details on the PAN and bank account should tally for the pre-validation to be executed. One more condition applies here that mobile number and e-mail registered with the bank account, it needs to also be the same with the e-filing account.
5. And if there are more than one bank account that is pre-validated, then there shall come a list under the Prevalidate your Bank Account' option. And if you want to receive the refund in some other account, add that bank account with all the details.
6. This is also a must for e-verification of ITR via EVC or Electronic Verification Code.This is because a prevalidated bank account may only be made EVC enabled to receive the verification code/one time password (OTP).