The income tax agency inaugurated a new platform called e-filing 2.0 on Monday, which will make filing returns and paying taxes online much easier.
Taxpayers were also required to re-register their DSC (Digital Signature Certificate), update their personal mobile number and email ID under 'primary contact,' act on any pending action, and reply to any 'outstanding demand,' according to the tax department.
The I-T e-filing portal has approximately 8.46 crore individual registered users. For the Assessment Year 2020-21, almost 3.13 crore ITRs have been e-verified (the fiscal year 2019-20).
What are the details that can be updated on the Income tax website?
- Source of Income details
- Bank Account and Demat Account details
- Register DSC
- Contact details (through OTP authentication)
- You can alter your basic profile details, such as Type of External Agency, Type of Services, PAN of Organization, TAN of Organization; contact info; manage certificates, update principal contact info, add or remove ERI, and alter ERI type, if you are logged in as an ERI.
- You can update contact information, manage certificates, add or delete key personnel, and add or delete services if you are logged in as an External Agency.
- You can update contact information, manage certificates, and update or add additional technical SPOC details if you are a TIN 2.0 stakeholder who is logged in.
What is a Secure Access Message?
A Secure Access Message is a customized message that serves as verification that the website you've visited is legitimate. After logging in, this can be changed in the profile section. Your secure access message is set to "login" by default for now.
How to Update Profile Details -Mobile Number, Email ID in New Income Tax Portal?
Step 1: Visit www.incometax.gov.in
Step 2: Click on the Individuals/HUF tab
Step 3: Enter your PAN in the Enter your User ID and click Continue.
Step 4: Confirm your Secure Access Message.
Step 5: Enter your Password and click Continue.
Step 6: Once you Login
Step 7: Select Update profile from the drop-down menu
Step 8: Login using PAN/Aadhaar number.
Step 9: Click on Profile
Step 10: Enter details of mobile number, Email ID
Step 11: Confirm the same
How to know whether my DSC is registered?
To check your status, go to your profile and click Register DSC. If the DSC for the PAN / Principal Contact is not registered or expired, a notification will be displayed in the profile after login for CA/Company/ERI.