Do not panic if you have lost your Aadhaar card, there is a way to apply for another. However, one needs to be careful with card as it contains all the necessary details to harm your financial data.
Well, if you remember the Aadhaar number and/or you have Aadhaar card acknowledgement slip that was given to you at the time of registration, then you can download duplicate copy online.
Follow the steps to apply for Duplicate or lost Aadhaar Card online
1. Visit e-Aadhaar online portal
2. Enter your registration details (Enrollment No. and Date time, Resident Name and Pincode) from the AADHAARacknowledgement slip.
3. Or If you know your AADHAAR Card number,
4. Select the "Aadhaar" radio button from "I have" option at the top.
5. You will receive OTP (One Time Pin) password SMS to your registered mobile
6. Once you enter the password
7. You can see the option to download AADHAAR card duplicate copy
The file will be in PDF format and to make it secure it will be password protected. Don't panic that you dont have or remember the password.
To keep it simple, your password will be your pincode. The print out copy is as valid as your original copy.