1961 - The Company was incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956, as a
private limited company on 19th July, under the name of Stauffe.
Chemicals private Limited.
- The company was promoted by Late Shri D.C. Mehta and his son
Shri. N.K. Mehra and started by manufacturing liquid Paraffin at
Saki Naka, Mumbai.
1965 - The name was changed to Savita Chemicals Private Limited on 8th
February. The company became a deemed public limited company u/s
43A of the Companies Act, 1956 on 1st November 1988. The company
became a full fledged public limited company on 29th April 1994.
- The Company was one of the first in the country to manufacture
liquid paraffin as an import substitute entirely with an
indigenously developed know-how. The company also started to
manufacture Emulsifiers and other White Oils.
1983 - A group company Mehre Trading and Investment Co. Pvt. Ltd.,
engaged in canvassing business for and providing technical and
market information to foreign oil companies, was amalgamated with
the company with effect from 1st December.
1994 - The Company issued and allotted on 30th April, 62,500 No. of
Equity shares of Rs. 10 each at par to employees, promoters and
associates of the Company.
- The Company also issued and allotted on 30th April, 58,125-14%
Unsecured fully convertible debentures of Rs.100 each aggregating
to Rs. 58.12 lakhs to the shareholders, promoters and their
- Each debenture is convertible into 10 Equity shares of Rs.10 each
at any time after two years but not later than three years from
the date of allotment.
- Subsequent to the Technical Collaboration Agreement signed with
Idemitsu International Asia Pte. Ltd. which is a wholly owned
subsidiary of Idemitsu Kosan Co. Ltd., Japan, the Company
launched the automotive range of the lubricants under the
'IDEMITSU' brand name in November, 1994.
1995 - In August, the Company made its maiden public issue of 23,12,100
No. of Equity shares of Rs. 10 each at a premium of Rs.100
aggregating Rs.2543.31 lakhs.
- During the year the new unit for the manufacture of Lubricating
Oils, Transformer Oils, White Oils and Petroleum Sulfonates was
- The Company participated in the prestigious Africa, 95 Exhibition
at Cairo which was a U.N. sponsored event and was also a part of
the IEEMA Indian delegation visiting South East Asian countries
namely Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.
- The Company is participating in the 21st Tehran International
Trade Fair to be held in October.
1996 - The Company has initiated steps for obtaining the ISO 9001
certification which will further enhance the market of the
Company's products in both, the Domestic and International
1997 - Savita Chemicals is a leading manufacturer of petroleum
specialities such as transformer oils, liquid paraffins and white
oils (inst.cap: 41,525 tpa), lubricants (15,000 tpa), petroleum
sulfonates (2000 tpa), petroleum jellies (3000 tpa), synthetic
petroleum sulfonates (600 tpa) and other specialities.
- On the marketing front, it has tie-ups with OEMs, to supply
automotive lubricants to Telco and Kinetic Honda and industrial
lubricants to BHEL.
- Savita Chemicals Ltd, the flagship company of Savita Group, has
recently introduced Kinetic Honda Ultra 2T oil, specially
manufactured for kinetic Honda Scooters, all over India.
- The Mumbai-based Savitha Chemicals has introduced Kinetic Honda
Ultra 2T oil specifically for Kinetic Honda scooters.
- Savita Chemicals Limited a leading manufacturer of Lubricants has
recently developed DAPHNE SUPER FLUID 46 WR (DSF) ultra high
performance Hydraulic oil, with exclusive Hydrotreated Base Oils,
for Earthmoving & Construction Equipments.
- Savita Chemicals, the first Petroleum specialities company in
India has been awarded the coveted ISO 9001 certification by the
RvA under the Det Norske Veritas Quality Systems. It
manufactures various petroleum products at its ultra modern
refinery situated at Navi Mumbai.
1998 - The Company has set up a new unit at Silvassa for the manufacture
of Blended Automotive Lubricants and Industrial Lubricants,
Greases and Speciality Oils.
- The Company achieved a very important milestone by obtaining the
ISO-9001 Certification from Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Netherlands
for Design, Development and Manufacture of Petroleum Speciality
products. The Company is now the first manufacturer of Petroleum
Specialities in India to receive the ISO-9001 Certification for
- The Company has a strong R&D Department approved by the
Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- The Company has identified the Indian Ocean rim countries as the
thrust area for exporting its products.
- During the year under report, the Company successfully introduced
its products in the South East Asian and African Regions.
1999 - The Wind Energy Plant at Venkhusavde, Pallani village, Satara
district in Maharashtra was commissioned on 20th of March.
- The Power generated from the Wind Energy Plant will be used for
captive consumption by the Company and also for supply to third
parties on commercial basis.
2000 - The Company's 2.25MW Wind Energy Project at Gojegaon, Satara,
Maharashtra was commissioned on 30th March.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 2:3.
- Savita Chemicals Ltd has appointed Mr. Uday Chandrakant Rege as Company Secretary & V P - Legal & Compliance Officer with effect from January 01, 2008.
- Savita Chemicals Ltd has appointed Mr. Harit A Nagpal as an Additional Director on the Board with effect from July 26, 2008.