The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is an ambitious scheme by the governwmnt that will provide a host of benefits including a bank account, insurance and a debit card for all. Click to know the list of documents required to open the PMDJY account.
Basic Eligibility Conditions are:
- The person should normally be head of the family or an earning member of the family and should be in the age group of 18 to 59 (i.e. person should be at least 18 years old, and should not have turned 60).
- If the head of family is 60 years or more of age, the second earning person of the family in the above mentioned age group will be covered, subject to eligibility.
- Person must have a RuPay Card and Bio - Metric Card linked to bank account or in process of being linked to bank account if not already there.
- The account can be any bank account including a small account. v. For the coverage to be effective the above RuPay Card should be valid and in force.
- Only one person in the family will be covered in the Bima Scheme and in case of the person having multiple cards / accounts the benefit will be allowed only under one card i.e. one person per family will get a single cover of Rs.30,000/-.
- The life cover of Rs 30,000/- under the scheme will be initially for a period of 5 years, i.e. till the close of financial year 2019-20.
How to claim for life cover under Jan Dhan Yojana?
a) The Claim amount of Rs.30,000/- is payable to the nominee or legal heirs of the account holder. The risk cover will be provided to the person from the age of after completeing 18 years till the completion of age 60 years. However, the eligibility will cease on completing 60 years and will exit the scheme on the day the he / she completes 60 years of age..
b) The Death claim benefit of Rs 30,000/- will be settled by the designated Pension & Group Scheme (P&GS) Office of LIC. The process followed will be as under:
i. Claim papers by nominee or legal heir to be submitted to the District Branch or Nodal Branch of the concerned Bank.
Pension & Group Scheme Unit (P&GS unit) of LIC designated for this purpose for 7 processing of Claims. They will process the claims.
ii. The Claim will be paid to the nominee who is the nominee in the Bank Account. In the absence of nomination or if the nominee pre-deceases the insured member or if the nominee is not spouse, child or parent then the Legal Heirs of the Account holder should submit Indemnity Bond to dispense with Legal Evidence of Title in the prescribed Format of LIC.
iii. The Claim amount will be credited to Bank account of the nominee or Legal Heirs through APBS i.e. the amount will be credited to Account linked to Aadhar Card Number.
iv. In case where the claim form is directly submitted to any LIC office by the claimant, then LIC office would forward the same to the concerned bank of the deceased Account holder immediately to get necessary verification etc. done from the bank concerned.
The concerned Bank Branch will forward the Claim Form to nearest P&GS unit of the LIC for processing the claim.
The nominee of the accountholder will be entitled to receive death benefit of Rs.30,000/- in case of the unfortunate death of the accountholder on account of any cause.