Aadhaar, the 12-digit unique identification (UID) number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a mandatory document for all Indian residents now. The UID number is stored in a centralized database and linked to the basic demographics and biometric information, photograph, fingerprints, and iris of each. Now the government has made it compulsory to link Aadhaar to their bank account.
Federal Bank provides the facility for linking Aadhaar number with bank accounts. Know how to seed Aadhaar to Federal Bank account.
The bank account holder can avail many benefits by linking their Aadhaar card with the federal bank. Know what are the advantages of linking Aadhaar number with bank accounts are:
- Direct credit of subsidies from government including subsidies on LPG, Kerosene, Sugar, etc
- Direct credit of welfare funds, pensions, scholarships, MNREGA wages, etc. from the government.
- Aadhaar functions as a KYC document.
- Aadhaar enabled accounts to ensure the reduction in leakage of government spending.
- The Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) allows the bank account holder to access his account from anywhere in the country and the near future; the account will be accessible through any delivery channel, e.g., ATMs, micro ATMs, etc
Link Aadhaar-Federal bank account
Check out the procedure you need to follow to Link Aadhaar card with Federal Bank account.
- Visit your home branch where you own and maintain your federal bank account.
- Ask the bank officials for an Aadhaar Seeding form orAadhaar Card Linking Form.
- Get the form and fill it with all the details asked to you in that form.
- Attach the xerox of your Aadhaar card and put your signature on it to make it self-attested. It is important to note that your signature should be there in the copy, without your signature on it, the photo copy will not be considered as valid one.
- Now submit your Aadhaar seeding form and attach your Aadhaar card xerox to the bank officials.
- The officials will ask your original card for verification, show them your original copy to them.
- Soon your Aadhaar Card will be linked to your bank account. And you will receive an SMS about the process on your registered mobile number.
All most all banks in India let the customers link their Aadhaar to the bank account via a number of options. Net banking, ATM, phone, SMS or mobile banking, even by visiting a bank branch you can complete this activity. Unfortunately, Federal bank is not providing customers the facility to link Aadhaar to the bank account through SMS, Missed call, Mobile app and online banking. So the only option is to visit the bank branch directly. If you walk into a bank branch, the bank will take 3-4 working days to verify the details and complete the link. How To Link Aadhaar With Your BSNL Mobile Number?
Last date for linking
The government has made it mandatory for all banks and financial institutions to mention the Aadhaar details of clients in the KYC (Know your Customer) document. The KYC document provides all the details that authenticate the identity of a user. The last date to link Aadhaar and bank accounts is now 31 December. If you fail to link Aaadhaar with bank account by December 31 this year, the bank account may even become inoperable. Reminder: Know These Five Aadhaar Linking Deadline