ICICI Bank, has launched a cardless cash withdrawal service, from which you can send cash, 24x7, to any mobile number in India. However, the receiver need not have any bank account and can withdraw cash from over 10,000 ICICI Bank ATMs across India, without any ATM card, using the details received through SMS.
To avail this facility, one needs to have internet banking user ID & password and person should be registered with ICICI Bank Mobile Banking Services.
Step 1. Request for Cardless Cash
1) Log in to www.icicibank.com (Using Internet Banking user ID and password).
2) Register recipient -one whom you want to transfer.
3) Go to 'manage payee' section
4) Select 'add Cardless Cash Withdrawal payee'
5) Add recipient details such as mobile number, name and address
5) Enter Unique Registration Number (URN) ( Received on your registered mobile number)
6) Create Cardless Cash Withdrawal transaction
7) Go to 'Transfers' section and select 'Cardless Cash Withdrawal
Choose an account from which you want to make payment and select Cardless Cash Withdrawal recipient from the registered recipient list, type the transaction amount and authenticate transaction using your debit card grid. Your selected account will get debited.
Step 2. SMS from ICICI Bank
You will receive a unique 4-digit code on your mobile from ICICI Bank
Share the 4-digit code with recipient.
The recipient will also receive a sms with a unique 6-digit code on their mobile phone from ICICI Bank.
Step 3. Recipient: For Cash Withdrawal
Person will receive a unique 4-digit code on his mobile from ICICI Bank. Also, share your unique code with recipient. After that the recipient can visit nearest ICICI Bank ATM, enter the following details;
1) The recipient mobile number
2) The 4-digit code (as received by the sender)
3) The 6-digit code (as received by the recipient)
4) The amount to be withdrawn (in INR)
Cash will be dispensed on successful authentication of all these four parameters. The entire amount needs to be withdrawn by the recipient as a one-time transaction.