SIP as an investment mode inculcates discipline and can reap you handsome gains if you have a longer time horizon and stick by the investment without fault. SIP mode offers the dual advantage of rupee cost averaging as well as power of compounding that over the years adds to your invested amount.
1. Mirae Asset India Equity Fund Regular- Growth: Referred as Mirae Asset India Opportunities Fund before the SEBI's recategorisation provision is a large cap equity fund. The fund is suitable for investment by investors seeking long-term capital appreciation as well as a platform to invest in equity and equity-related securities.
The fund carries moderately high risk in relation to the principal amount invested. The fund enjoys total assets under management of Rs. 7,479 crore as on April 30, 2018 and tracks the underlying benchmark S&P BSE 200.
One-year return from the fund has been 10.41%, while 3 and 5-year stand at 12.88% and 20.58% respectively.
Some of the top equity holdings of the fund include HDFC Bank, RIL, SBI and IndusInd Bank in which the fund has lately upped its stake. Other holdings include Infosys, ICICI Bank, HDFC etc.
Investors looking to invest in the fund through the SIP route need to start their investment with a minimum of Rs. 5000 and monthly SIP installment of Rs. 1000.
NAV of the fund under the growth plan is Rs. 46.70 while that under the dividend option is Rs. 18.167
2. Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Regular-Growth: Erstwhile Kotak Select Focus Fund is an open-ended equity scheme and aims to generate long-term capital appreciation for investors with focus chiefly on some select sector across market cap. Total AUM of the fund equals to Rs. 19,228 crore and has the benchmark as Nifty 200 index.
Investors have reaped in one-year return to the tune of 7.22% from the fund whereas 3 and 5-year returns stand at 12.71 and 20.4% respectively.
Top holdings in the fund across market caps include HDFC Bank, HDFC, Infosys, L&T, RIL, Hero Moto Corp and IndusInd Bank amongst others.
Minimum investment in the fund is Rs. 5000 and the SIP installment can be as low as Rs. 1000.
NAV of the fund under the dividend plan is 23.412 while for the growth option it is Rs. 32.82
3. Invesco India Growth Opportunities Fund- Growth: Erstwhile Invesco India Growth fund is also an open-ended equity large cap fund with assets under management worth Rs. 484 crore. The fund over one, three and 5-year time frame has yielded 16.99%, 11.81% and 18.76% returns, respectively. While the initial investment in the fund is Rs. 5,000, minimum SIP investment amount is Rs. 500.
Top holdings of the fund in which it has increased its stake include stocks such as HDFC Bank, RIL, ICICI Bank, L&T, TCS, Kotak Mahindra, Voltas, CholaMandalam.
NAV of the fund under the growth option is Rs. 32.91 while for the dividend option it is Rs. 16.3
4. HDFC Balanced Fund: The fund is aimed to provide capital appreciation through mix portfolio of debt and equity. 60% funds are deployed in equities while the remaining 40% is allocated to debt related securities. In the last 5-years, the fund has managed to offer 18.68% return while its return over a period of 1-year and 3-years stand at 6.97% and 10.82% respectively.
The fund's benchmark is NIFTY 50 Hybrid Composite Debt 65:35 and the NAV as on June 1, 2018 for the growth plan is Rs. 147.06. Investors can bet on the fund with a minimum Rs. 500 SIP per month. While initial investment in the scheme is pegged at Rs. 5000.
Top equity holdings in the scheme include HDFC Bank, HDFC, ICICI Bank, L&T, ITC, Aurobindo Pharma etc. While its debt portfolio comprises 7.16% GOI 2023 central govt. loan, 7.4% Tata Sons debenture, 8.8% L&T Infrastructure finance 2018 debenture etc.
5. Aditya Birla Sunlife Focused Equity Fund : This is another equity largecap fund from the Aditya Birla stable. Erstwhile the fund was called Aditya Birla Sunlife Top 100. You can invest in the fund with a minimum amount of Rs 1,000 and through SIP of Rs 1,000 each month.
The growth option is available at an NAV of Rs 56.425, while the dividend option is available at an investment of Rs 15.376. The 5 year returns from the fund has been very decent at 17.32 per cent, while in the more shorter term, the return has been just about okay at 9.48% in 3-years term.
This is more or less in line with what most funds have offered. Remember that equity mutual funds dividend are now taxable from financial year 2018-19. So, your returns may moderate even further.
The fund tracks the benchmark Nifty 50 index and top holdings include HDFC Bank, ITC, ICICI Bank, Maruti Suzuki, L&T etc.