State Bank of India (SBI) supplies its customers with doorstep banking facilities Under these services, the cash is handled and delivered to the customer at their doorstep. This service offers customers on their doorsteps with the comfort of banking facilities. If you have not enrolled for doorstep banking facilities with SBI then you should do that to take advantage of the banking facilities at your entrance. As per the recent tweet by SBI, you can know more about this service by calling the toll-free number of SBI i.e. 1800 1037 188 or 1800 1213 721 or else you can also navigate to the website of SBI by clicking on this link https://bank.sbi/dsb.
Key takeaways of SBI doorstep banking services
- This doorstep banking service comprises some pickup facilities like cash pickup and delivery, cheque, cheque application slip, Form 15H, life certificate and KYC documents. Apart from these, there are some delivery services also such as the delivery of drafts, and term deposit advisory.
- On working days at the hub, the service request can be rendered at toll-free number 1800111103 from 9 am and 4 pm.
- At the home branch only, the service request for registration is processed.
- Only completely KYC-compliant customers have access to the Doorstep banking facility.
- Cash withdrawal and cash deposit amounts are limited to Rs 20,000/-per transaction on a working day.
- These facilities will be available to account holders with a legitimate registered mobile phone number within a 5 km distance of their home branch.
- These facilities will not be available to customers with accounts that are jointly managed.
- For minors and accounts of a non-personal existence, the service will also not be accessible.
- Withdrawal will be allowed only using the passbook cheque/withdrawal form.
- The minimum cash pickup(deposit) and cash delivery(withdrawal) limit is capped at Rs 1000.
SBI Doorstep banking charges
Charges applicable for financial services (including GST)
- Cash deposit, cash withdrawal or payment: Rs 75
- Pickup cheque facility: Rs 75
- Pickup service for Cheque Book Requisition Slip: Rs 75
Charges applicable for non-banking financial services(including GST)
- Statement of savings account and advisory of term deposit: No charges
- Current account statement: Rs 100
How does SBI Doorstep banking services work?
- Customers must dial toll-free 1800111103 from their registered mobile number between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on working days to reach the doorstep delivery service of this SBI.
- Once the call is connected, the customer must input the last four digits of the savings bank/current account number for which the doorstep banking service is recorded.
- After initial authentication, the call will be sent to the Contact Centre Representative, who will report the request after the second/additional confirmation.
- The customer must have specifics of the request and the chosen time of service delivery.
- Once the request is approved, an SMS with a case ID and request type will be delivered to the customer's registered mobile number.
- The request will be answered by the Doorstep Banking Representative, and then he or she will call the customer and schedule an appointment.
- At that time, the Doorstep Banking Agent (DSA) will reach the recorded address of the customer and reveal his photo ID and legally valid identification card.
- The Doorstep Banking Representative will also check the customer's identity via the customer's photo ID and officially valid document.
- The service request is triggered by the DSB Agent on the mobile web page of Doorstep Banking. To trigger the transaction, customers must enter the Case ID and Verification Code on the web page.
- For the successful completion of the transaction, the customer will receive an SMS on his or her registered mobile number by the bank.