Each EPFO member can merge multiple accounts into one single account using the universal account number. This means you'll be able to access your EPF transactions or passbook statement at the same time in case you switch your job. An employee is needed to handle multiple Employee Provident Fund (EPF) accounts in case of multiple job changes.
Managing multiple EPF accounts at a time can be a difficult task for an employee, but Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has now made it easy for an employee through which he / she can merge their multiple EPF accounts with the universal account number (UAN). One can merge his / her old EPF account with the new one by following the below-listed ways.
- An employee needs to submit a request to the EPFO by sending an email to the official email id of EPFO firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then he / she must inform about merging old account with the new EPF account to the existing company.
- After successful submission of your application EPF will examine your UAN numbers and once your UAN numbers are verified EPFO will deactivate your old UAN number.
- Now an employee can actively transfer his / her EPF amount from the old account to the new one.
- To follow this method it is mandated to link your EPF account with your UAN number and also you need to transfer EPF account deposits from your old account to the new one.
- Visit the EPFO website and click on the 'Employee One EPF Account' option.
- Now enter your registered mobile number and UAN to proceed further
- Now an OTP will be generated on your registered mobile number
- Enter the received OTP on the required field and click on the 'click on a new page' under which you can see all the details of your old EPF account.