Here is how you can dematerialize it
To demat your physical certificates, you should approach the DP and submit the following documents
o Dematerialization Request Form (DRF)
o Physical certificates by marking "Surrendered for Dematerialization"
Separate DRF has to be filled for each ISIN.
Know more on Demat account and how it works.
The process of dematerialisation is as follows:
- Surrender your certificates to your DP for dematerialisation
- The DP intimates your request to the Depository through the
- The DP submits the certificates to the Registrar and Share Transfer
- Agent (RSTA) of the Company
- In case of any objection or in case of any need for any additional
- documents, the RSTA informs you directly. RSTA confirms the
- dematerialisation request from Depository
- After dematerialising the certificates, RSTA updates the accounts and informs Depository regarding completion of dematerialisation
- Depository updates its accounts and informs the DP
- The DP then updates your demat account by crediting the shares
Points to remember
Remember, to convert physical certificates into demat mode, the name in the share certificate should match with the name of the demat account holder.
In case of joint holding, the name should be in the same order both in the physical certificate as well as in the demat account. However, you can request to change the order of the names of the joint holders in the share certificate by submitting a Transposition cum Demat Form.