Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna provides overdraft facility to account holders. Overdraft (OD) is a facility offered by bank to withdraw money more money than what is available in the bank account.
The main purpose of the OD facility is to provide hassle free credit to low income group or underprivileged customers to meet their needs without insistence on security, purpose or end use of the credit.
What is the eligibility to avail Overdraft on PMJDY?
1. The ccounts, which are operated satisfactorily for at least six months
2. OD to be granted to the earning member of family, preferably women of the house.
3. There should be regular credits under DBT/ DBTL scheme/other verifiable sources
4. Account should be seeded with Aadhaar for avoiding duplicate benefit
5. BSBD account holder should not be maintaining any other SB account with any Bank/branch to ensure compliance with RBI directives.
6. Age of applicant between 18 years to 60 years
Loan Details of PMJDY
The tenure of the loan is 36 Months subject to annual review of account.
Loam amount will be 4 times of Average monthly balance or, 50 per cent of credit summations in account during the preceding 6 months or, Rs 5000/- whichever is lower.
Interest rate will not exceed 2 per cent above base rate.
- Mobile Number of the borrower/family members to be kept on record
- Aadhaar number will remain seeded with NPCI during the period of loan.
- Move-out of Aadhaar for such accounts will be restricted by NPCI.
- SBOD account will become primary account to receive all subsidies/benefits.
- DBT should also be frozen to such accounts till the currency of loan.
- NPCI will provide repository of Aadhaar Seeding for SBOD to the Banks to verify any earlier seeding.
- Loan accounts will be subject to IRAC norms of RBI