RuPay card, which is a domestic card launched by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) is committed towards development of customized product and service offerings for Indian consumers.
In coming days, RuPay will help you, use your card in the same manner as you use your Master and Visa debit and Credit Cards.
Individuals who are having account under Pradhan Mantri Dhan Jan Yojana can avail for this low cost card. There are some other banks who are providing Rupay cards to its customers.
Here are 5 smart things to Know
1) "RuPay" is the coinage of two terms Rupee and Payment. The RuPay Visual Identity is a modern and dynamic unit.
2) The card provides accidental insurance cover upto Rs.1.00 lac without any charge to the customer.
3) The color blue on the card stands for the feeling of tranquility which is the people must get while owning a card of the brand ‘RuPay'.
4) For Rupay cardholders, it provides a platform for online transactions but also gives the customers a unique shopping experience. RuPay card can be used at all ATMs and most of the merchant establishments in India for Point of sale and online payments as well.
5) RuPay is well poised to explore innovative payment opportunities such as Contactless to facilitate and increase the efficiency of increasing the small ticket payments electronically.