ICICI Bank became the first bank globally to launch a mobile app based ‘mVisa' solution for consumers and merchants.
ICICI Bank along with Visa has launched ‘mVisa' service. This service allows you to make payments through Pockets app using your ICICI Bank Debit Card. Means this is an innovative facility which will replace swiping your Card at stores.
One can make electronic payments from their smartphones at physical stores, e-commerce & other deliveries at home, radio taxis and utility billers etc.
Payments can be made by simple scan with your mobile to pay at your neighborhood stores that have enabled the mVisa facility.
How to use 'mvisa' to make payments?
1. Download and login to Pockets app.
2. Select the 'mVisa' icon on the home screen.
3. The app automatically enables the camera in the phone.
4. Click the QR code (Provided at merchant outlets)
This process needs your smartphone to scan an 'mVisa' Quick Response (QR)' code at the merchant outlet. In case where the QR Code is not available at the store, one can also enter the merchant ID to make payments.
5. Enter the amount to be paid and the Debit Card PIN.
6. Confirm the payment.
As the card is not handed over at merchant outlets, the transaction is secure. This service will speed up the transaction along with enhanced security.
Things to note
- The payment will be made from your account which is linked to your ICICI Bank account.
- Apply for a zero balance account from the Pockets app, if you do not hold ICICI account.
- As of now, the mVisa facility has been introduced in Bengaluru, and will soon be extended to other cities.
- When individuals click on mvisa the app automatically activates the camera in the phone, which will allow the customers to scan the QR code and enter their debit card PIN.