Here are some facts on the Indian Gold coins launched in 2015.
1. The Ashoka Chakra Gold or Indian Gold Coins is a part of the Gold Monetisation Programme.
2. This will be the first ever national gold coin which will have the National Emblem of Ashok Chakra engraved on one side.
3. The coins will be available in denominations of 5 and 10 grams. However, a 20 gram bar/bullion will also be available.
4. They have a tamper-proof package and advanced anti-counterfeit features, making it safe and easy to recycle.
5. Ashoka Chakra gold coins carry advanced anti-counterfeit features and tamper proof packaging that aid easy re-cycling.
6. The Indian Cold coin will be of 24 karat purity & 999 fineness. All coins will be hallmarked as per the BIS standards. These coins will be distributed through designated & recognised MMTC outlets.