Here are some features of the Indian Gold coin.
1. The Ashoka Chakra Gold or Indian Coin is a part of the Gold Monetisation Programme.
2. This will be the first ever national gold coin which will have the National Emblem of Ashok Chakra engraved on one side.
3. As of now, the coins will be available in denominations of 5 and 10 grams. However, a 20 gram bar/bullion will also be available.
4. Initially, 15,000 coins of 5gm, 20,000 coins of 10 gm and 3,750 Gold bullions will be made available through MMTC outlets.
5. Ashoka Chakra gold coin will carry advanced anti-counterfeit features and tamper proof packaging that will aid easy re-cycling.
6. The Indian Cold coin will be of 24 karat purity & 999 fineness. All coins will be hallmarked as per the BIS standards. These coins will be distributed through designated & recognised MMTC outlets.