With an aim to encourage Go Green initiative, HDFC Bank has been sending Personal Identification Number (PIN) for debit card holders through SMS instead of the sending physical copy by post.
This will be the One Time Password (OTP) sent to the customer's mobile number which is registered with bank.
With the help of this OTP, customer can generate PIN at his nearest HDFC ATM. Customers will get OTP within 48 hours of applying for it.
After you apply for your debit card, the bank will send you SMS regarding the OTP.
How to generate PIN at ATM using OTP?
1. After receiving the OTP on your registered mobile number
2. Insert your debit card at the HDFC Bank ATM
3. Go to the language selection screen
4. choose "Create new ATM PIN using OTP " option
5. Enter OTP received on your mobile
6. Enter your registered mobile number
7. Set your own 4 digit PIN
Points to note
- The message will be sent only to registered mobile number.
- If you fail to generate PIN at once or any mistake during the generation, the OTP will be invalid and you have apply fresh for the PIN.
- The bank will charge extra amount if you are applying for PIN by visiting branch.
- However, one can request the bank employees for physical post also.