With Universal Account Number (UAN) gaining popularity, the EPFO recently launched new withdrawal forms for employees for UAN registered members. The new forms will have easy withdrawal process and the amount will be directly credited to your bank account.
Universal Account Number is provided by your employer which needs to be activated by visiting EPFO site.
Few conditions to meet to withdraw PF without employer signature:
- Individuals can apply through new EPF forms, only if their Universal Account Number is activated.
- Individuals should link Aadhaar number to UAN.
- Complete the bank details with Universal Account Number.
- Your KYC and other details should be verified using digital signature by your employer.
How to withdraw EPF amount without employer signature?
Individuals who are looking for Provident Fund settlement and withdrawal can apply UAN form 19. Here are simple steps to follow to submit.
1. Download the EPF Universal Account Number Form 19
2. Fill the UAN
3. Fill the name as it appears on UAN
4. Date of leaving
5. Choose the reason for leaving your job
6. Provide PAN, submit form 15G or 15H whichever is applicable only in case when the service is less than 5 years.
7. Provide postal address
8. After completing all the details, submit the form along with canceled cheque which has your mentioned account number.
9. If required attach a Medical Certificate, Copy of Visa, Passport Journey Ticket, copy of Visa, Passport Journey Ticket.
10. Copy needs to be sent to Employees Provident Fund office which comes under your jurisdiction. Individuals can check your EPF jurisdiction here - http://search.epfoservices.org:81/locate_office/office_location.php
11. Include everything and courier it to the required address.
New UAN Form 10C
This form needs to be submitted along with Form 19
Eligibility to use Form 10C
1. a) Individual who has left the employment before completion of 10 years service;
b) Who has attained the age of 58 years before completion of 10 years service whether in service or left the service.
2. (a) A member, who has completed 10 years, service on the date of leaving the service and has not attained the age of 50 years on the date of filing this application
(b) Individual has attained the age of 50 years or more, but less than 58 years and not willing for reduced pension.
3. The family/nominee /legal heir of deceased member who had died after 58 years age but had not completed 10 years of eligible service.
Filling the form is simple and requires basic details.
If Aadhaar Card, Bank Account is not linked or your KYC is not verified?
If your Aadhaar Card, Bank Account is not linked or your KYC is not verified, one can use previous form 19, form 10C to claim for withdrawal.
In case where Authorized Employer is not available, the claimant may forward the claims duly signed in the presence of any of the following authorized official and get it attested with his official seal.
Attach a copy of the cancelled cheque having the account number and IFS Code. Include a letter with a reason for not having employer signature
Send together to EPFO.
Note that TDS will be applicable and will be deducted at the time of payment. Know more.