Individuals can access financial services by dialing *99# from his/her mobile registered with the bank.
The service works across all GSM service providers and handsets. *99# is a USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) based mobile banking service from NPCI.
Pre-requisites before dialing *99#
- Customer to register himself/herself with his/her respective bank for availing mobile banking service.
- Keep information like Mobile number, MMID, IFS Code, Account number, Aadhaar number of the beneficiary and MPIN handy before initiating the transaction.
- Before initiating any transaction, please make sure that the mobile phone is in network area/rang.
MMID stands for Mobile Money Identifier. MMID is a 7 digit code issued by the bank to their customers for availing IMPS. MMID is issued to only to those customers whose preferred mobile number is registered with the bank.
7 reasons why you should dial *99# service?
1. Works without Internet - Uses voice connectivity
2. Accessible through a common code *99# across all TSPs
3. No additional charges while roaming for using the service
4. Works across all GSM service providers and mobile handsets
5. Round the clock availability to customers (works even on holidays)
6. No need to install any application on mobile handset to use the service
7. Additional channel for banking services and key catalyst for financial inclusion.
Which Financial Services can be availed by dialing *99#?
- Fund Transfer using Mobile Number and MMID - User can transfer fund using MMID and Mobile number of the Beneficiary.
- Fund Transfer using IFSC and Account Number - User can transfer fund using IFS Code and Account number of the Beneficiary.
- Fund Transfer using Aadhaar Number - User can transfer fund using Aadhaar number of the Beneficiary.
Non- Financial Services
- Balance Enquiry - User can check available balance of the bank account linked to his/her mobile number.
- Mini Statement - User can generate mini account statement for the bank account linked to his/her mobile number.
- Know MMID* (Mobile Money Identifier) - User can know their MMID which was allotted to him/her by bank during mobile banking registration.
- Generate MPIN - User can Generate or Set his/her MPIN. MPIN or Mobile PIN is like a password and used for authenticating financial transactions.
- Change MPIN - User can change his/her MPIN. MPIN or Mobile PIN is like a password and used for authenticating financial transactions.
- Generate OTP - User can generate One Time Password (OTP) which can be used for different transactions as a second factor of authentication.