Paypal is a NASDAQ listed company providing better ways to connect and transfer money among buyers and sellers.
As per the company, it is a truly global payments platform that is available to people in more than 200 markets, allowing customers to get paid in more than 100 currencies.
It is not necessary to have debit card or credit card to open paypal account. However, one can link it later to make or receive payments.
To receive payments on paypal account, one needs to add PAN card details and bank account details. Else you will not be able to receive any payments.
Steps to create paypal account in India
2. Click on sign up button
3. Select from the type of account. Either individual or business
4. Click continue
5. Provide Email address, password and click continue
6. Make sure you fill all the details correctly in this page. Such as your first name and last name should be same as in your PAN card name and bank account details.
7. Once you tick mark on the Agree and create account. It will ask for the credit card debit card details.
8. Here you need not provide details at this stage. Click on "I'll link my card later"
9. Click "Yes, skip it" in the next confirmation page.
10. Congrats! Your paypal account is created now.
11. Click on "Go to your account" to view details.
Step 2: Fill the details as per your requirement
- Link credit/Debit card: The details needs to be added when you want to make payments for any transaction or shopping.
- Confirm Mobile number: Once you click one time password will be sent to registered mobile number. Enter the same and confirm your mobile number.
- Confirm Email: You will revive a mail after successfully creating an account. Click on the link provided in the mail.
- Link a bank account: To receive any money in your paypal account add all the bank details required.
Paypal is said to be secure way to perform financial transactions as the bank details is not shared with the other party. Individuals can make payments to overseas sellers with an email address in an instant.
Payments can be made through mobile phone to pay on millions of merchant sites and mobile apps.