Rupay card a product of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) which enables the RuPay cardholders to transact online.
The launch of Rupay card will reduce the use of Mastercard and Visa and benefit Indian banks which will reduce the annual transaction fees.
For RuPay, there will be no one time joining fee, and other charges would be around 40% less.
RuPay card can be used at all ATMs and most of the merchant establishments and online payments as well.
How to use Rupay card for first time transaction?
The Cardholder will have to register his RuPay card for enabling it for eCommerce while making the first transaction online.
1. Once the use is on the payment screen and select Rupay card as payment option.
2. The rupay cardholder needs to enter RuPay card details on the payment screen viz card number, expiry date and CVD2 (3digits on back of the card).
3. An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to the cardholder's mobile number/email ID registered with the bank.
4. Customer has to enter the OTP (One Time Password) received on his mobile number/email ID registered with the bank.
5. Customer has to select one image from a small frame of random mix of images will appear.
6. (Note that this image has to be remembered for all the subsequent transactions.)
7. The customer should enter a phrase (up to max 40 characters) and remember the same for identification in future transactions.
8. Customer will have to enter his correct ATM PIN using mouse clicks only.
9. The transaction will be successful once the correct ATM PIN has been entered.
For banks such as HDFC, a RuPay Premium PaySecure Service pop-up window on your computer screen and registration happens during the transaction itself. For subsequent transactions after registration, HDFC Bank initiates a pop-up window on your computer screen that includes your personal message.
On the payment page customer has to enter all the card details such as card number, expiry date and CVD.
The Cardholder will have to identify the correct image, from the screen(the one that was registered during the first transaction).
Enter the 'phrase' that was entered during registration process
Enter PIN to complete the transaction.
What is RuPay card?
RuPay is a combination of two words Rupee and Payments. It is an Indian domestic card scheme which provides debit and credit cards, and it functions similar to Visa and Master cards. The initiation of this card was by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The customer can easily access them in 1.45 lakh ATM and 8.75 lakh POS terminals around the country.
Most of the public sector banks are issuing RuPay cards to their customers easily. The RuPay cards also came up with a technology chip called EMV Euro Pay, MasterCard, and Visa.