For most of the busy individuals visiting the bank to do any transaction is time-consuming. If you are bank customer who often issue demand draft, there is an online way through which you can issue a demand draft by following simple steps.
However, one can visit the branch and carry out the transaction if the time permits.
Things to consider
- The SBI customer should be a registered to net banking.
- Making DD is as simple as transferring money online.
- Make sure there is sufficient amount in the account.
- Note that commission will be charged for issuing of Demand draft.
- DD once issued will be valid for three months.
- Know the branch code
Steps to make DD online from SBI
1) Logon to SBI net banking
2) Click on the "Payments/Transfer" tab
3) Choose the option of "Issue Demand Draft
4) There is a security feature, so enter your profile password
5) Fill the DD form carefully
6) Select the option for the delivery mode from a) Collect in person b) Courier
If you can collect the DD select "Collect in Person" option, which has to be collected from the bank branch.
For the "Courier" option you will receive it by courier for a charge of Rs 51.
7) Click the submit button.
8) The password will be sent to the registered mobile number and confirm the same
The customer can make note of reference number and other details.
Once you receive the 'Transaction Reference Number' along with the DD detail can print the counterfoil and take it to the bank for "Collect in person" option.
Make sure you have entered all the details correct, as there is no option to cancel the DD online. One has to visit the bank and do the needfull.