Income tax department has advised taxpayers to update their profile and select higher security option to secure their e-filing account.
The department has recently launched a new feature for higher security called Income Tax E-Filing Vault.
Things to note when you use the Income Tax E-filing Vault For High Security :
- Individuals who are looking to login through net banking should be registered at the Income Tax site.
- For individuals who are planning to login using DSC (Digital Signature Certificate), the same should be registered at the e filing site.
- A valid Aadhaar should be linked with PAN to login using Aadhaar OTP
However, one can deactivate and register for other option if needed.
Step 1: Login to e-Filing portal
Go to profile settings
Select E-Filing Vault-Higher Security
Step 2: Select from the options to secure the account.
- Login through Net Banking
- Login Using DSC (Digital Signature Certificate)
- Login Using Aadhaar OTP
On Success, user will be allowed to login and Reset Password only with the above selected option(s)
Step 3: Login through Net Banking
1. On confirmation page click "OK" and click the "Proceed" button.
2. Click on "Confirm" button. Success message is displayed on the screen.
3. Next time the user logs in, the user is redirected to "e-Filing Login Through NetBanking" page where the user needs to select his / her bank and login to the ban.
4. Click on Proceed and Confirm
5. Next time it will be redirected to "e-Filing Login Through NetBanking" page.
6. Select his/her bank from the list of the banks provided.
7. After login to NetBanking account, click on the link "Login to the IT e-Filing account".
8. The page will be redirected to e-Filing dashboard.
Login with DSC
The procedure remains same. But, user needs to select the either New or Registered DSC, and upload the signature file generated using DSC Management utility.
Login Using Aadhaar OTP
This method is possible if Aadhaar is linked to your PAN so that when a request is made to the Aadhaar Web service, OTP is generated and sent to the Mobile Number registered with UIDAI.
Individuals looking to login using Aadhaar OTP, will be required to login using Aadhaar OTP generated.
1. Select "Login using Aadhaar OTP"
2. Click "Generate Aadhaar OTP" button.
3. Aadhaar OTP will be sent to the Mobile Number registered with Aadhaar.
4. Enter Aadhaar OTP to validate
5. Click OK and Proceed to Confirm
6. Next time the user logs in, the user is redirected to Aadhaar OTP Login page where the user needs to generate Aadhaar OTP.
7. Click on Generate Aadhaar OTP button.
8. Once generated the number will be sent to the Mobile Number registered with Aadhaar.
9. After the Aadhaar is validated the user will be redirected to e-Filing dashboard.