Good news for BMTC commuters. With the launch of a Smart Card one need not worry to carry change to make payment for travelling.
Axis Bank in association with Bengaluru Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) has launched 'Axis Bank BMTC Smart card', India's first ever open loop EMV contactless smart card.
Now BMTC passengers can enjoy a convenient and hassle free experience for the daily commuters in Bengaluru. This single wallet EMV 2 Contactless Transit Card, allows the customers to utilise the balance for transit as well as retail purchases like shopping and dining.
Must Know Facts On EMV Contactless Smart Card For Transit In Bengaluru
1. Axis Bank BMTC Smart Card is India's first prepaid transit card offering integrated single wallet that supports both EMV wallet and transit functions.
2. The card offers integrated services to the commuters by offering them cashless bus travel; and also offers shopping experience at about 1.2 Mn merchant outlets across the country, and therefore, no hassle of carrying multiple cards.
3. Axis Bank has partnered with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) for this project for developing the transit EMV contactless specification on interoperable open standards, the bank said in the press release.
4. The Smart Card will be issued and loaded at BMTC issuance counters such as pass counters, and Traffic and Transit Management Centres (TTMC) and various other touch points across Bengaluru.
5. For balances below Rs 10,000/-, cards would be issued by capturing the minimum mandatory requirements of the customer in the system.
6. For balances between Rs 10,000/- to Rs 100,000/-, full KYC documentation would be taken.
7. The commuter can recharge the card at BMTC issuing points, Axis Bank ATMs, Web, via conductors on bus or Axis Bank Merchant terminals, eliminating the process of waiting in long queues to get bus passes.
What are contactless Cards?
Such card holders need not swipe the card at the POS (Point of Sale). They can simply tap it on the terminal and pay for your purchases.
Now BMTC commuters need not carry amount to travel and no need to wait for bus conductors to return your remaining amount.