Along with internet banking, mobile banking is also becoming popular with affordable smart phones. With ease of making bill payments, recharge and fund transfer, it is widely used by individuals who are busy to even access computer or laptop.
Here are simple steps on how to activate SBI mobile banking service.
One can activate through methods such as:
1) Over mobile handset
There are two steps over mobile handset first get user ID and default MPIN and second step is to change MPIN.
To get User ID and default MPIN: Send a SMS to 9223440000/ 567676. You will get a User ID and default MPIN over SMS.
How to change MPIN?
One can change MPIN over Application, after installation of the application, please login using the User ID received in the SMS.
The User ID is case sensitive and has to be entered as received over SMS. After opening the mobile banking application.
The default MPIN has to be entered in the "old MPIN" and a new MPIN of your choice (6 digits) in the "new MPIN" which has to be confirmed by entering the new MPIN once again in "Confirm new MPIN".
Choose the option "Change". You will receive the confirmation of change in MPIN over SMS.
If you have not been prompted to change the MPIN, please select "Settings" from Main Menu and choose "Change MPIN".
2) At SBI ATM or at SBI branch or Onlinesbi.
At the ATM
- After swiping the Debit Card
- Choose the option 'Mobile Registration'
- Select 'Mobile Banking'.
- Choose the option 'Registration', enter your mobile number and
- choose Yes
- Choose "confirm" and collect the transaction slip confirming the registration.
- Once the transaction is successful you will receive a SMS regarding activation of your account.
- After logging into "OnlineSBI",
- select "eServices" and
- Click on "State Bank Freedom" from the list on the left side.
- Ensure that the MPIN is changed before this step and you receive a message that handset validation completed.
- Select "Registration" from the options available on top. The list of accounts enabled for the onlineSBI user will be displayed.
- Select the account to be enabled for Mobile Banking Service and submit. This will be the primary account for the Service.
Only one account can be registered through OnlineSBI.