Making payments with credit card is a good way as you need not worry about depositing cash or making payments through cheque.
Credit cards can work wonders if one can take care of making payments on time. The grace period or interest free period is what makes it attractive.
There are many ways through which one can make payments of their credit cards without much hassle.
1) Bill pay through NEFT
Individuals can make payment of their credit card bill using National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT), a quick, simple and secure way to pay your SBI Card Bill.
To use this facility, one has to add SBI card number as beneficiary under third party transfer.
Simple steps to follow to make payments via NEFT
1. Add the IFSC code SBIN00CARDS for making SBI Card payment.
2. Enter your 16-digit SBI Card number
3. Bank name as SBI CREDIT CARD - NEFT
4. Bank Address as Payments systems group, State Bank GITC, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai.
5. Click submit button
2) Bill pay through SBI Mobile banking
One can make payments using SMS mobile banking. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Send SMS MBSREG to 9223440000 to receive User ID and Default MPIN
2. State bank Freedom application either on the link received on sms
3. Complete registration process
4. Activate using State Bank ATM-cum-Debit card at any State Bank ATM.
Choose 'Mobile Registration > Mobile Banking Registration > Registration'
Enter your registered mobile number
Note the following details, while making the payment:
- Biller name: SBICARD
- Location: National
- BillDesk Biller ID: SBICARD
- Category: Card
- Sub-category: Card
- Type (Biller, Payee, or Both): Payee
- Ref 1: Card number
3) Electronic Bill Payment
Pay your SBI Card dues online, using Electronic Bill Pay service. You can avail this service through net banking, ATM, or mobile service of State Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Citibank and Bank of India.
Here are simple steps to follow to make payment through electronic Bill payment
1. Log in to the net banking page of the aforementioned banks where you have a bank account.
2. Add 'SBI Card' as a biller.
3. Fill in the details about your card number and payment amount and make the payment.
4) Electronic Clearing Services (ECS)
To avail this facility you need to authorise SBI Card to deduct the amount directly from your bank account every month and your card account will be credited on the payment due date.
5) SBI Auto debt
In this process, the amount will be deducted directly from your State Bank of India and SBI associate bank account on your payment due date. One should download the form and apply it to avail this facility.
6) Paynet-Pay Online
One can make payment using paynet pay by SBI card with user ID and Password
How to pay using Paynet-Pay Online?
1. Log in to sbicard.com using your SBI Card online user ID and password
2. Click on 'Pay now' on the Dashboard page
3. Select the amount you wish to make the payment
4. Select the mode of payment and the Bank name from the drop down menu
5. Confirm the details and be securely re-directed to your bank's payment interface to authorise the payment.
7) Online SBI
One can make payments directly from your SBI account by log in using User ID and password.
1. Click on view/pay bills section and click on 'Without Bills'.
2. Select SBI Card as the biller and click on Pay
3. Choose the SBI account number from which the payment is to be made
4. Enter payment amount and click on 'Pay Now'.
5. Click on submit to confirm your transaction and follow the instructions.
8) Using debit card
How to pay using Debit Card?
1. Individuals can pay SBI Credit Card outstanding securely using your Debit card.
2. Please enter the SBI Credit Card number you wish to make the payment for, along with payable amount and your email ID.
3. Click on Debit Cards as your chosen mode of payment and select the bank account you wish to debit from. You will be securely redirected to the bank payment interface of your chosen bank account.
4. Enter your debit card and card authentication details, i.e. user ID, password and PIN number
5. Please confirm your payment amount to SBI Card. On confirmation, your bank account will be debited online.
We will send you an email and SMS acknowledgment of your transaction.
The offline way to make payments are by visiting bank branch and dropping cheque or through the ATM.