Aadhaar is popular and trusted across all financial institutions, as identity and address proof. Many individuals find it difficult to visit bank to submit aadhaar copy to update the same.
Here are different easy ways through which you can update your aadhaar number in your SBI bank account.
Aadhaar Linking through SBI Internet Banking portal
- An internet banking user, should log in www.onlinesbi.com
- Access the link "Link your Aadhaar number" under "My Accounts", (appearing on the left panel of the screen)
- On clicking the above link, you will be directed to a screen.
- Select the Account number, input the Aadhaar number.
- Click on Submit.
The last 2 digits of registered mobile number (non-editable) will be displayed to the customer.
Status of mapping will be advised to the Customer's registered mobile number.
Aadhaar Linking through ATM channel
Bank customer can access any of SBI ATMs and update your Aadhaar with your Bank account.
- Swiping the ATM card
enter your PIN,
- Select the menu "Service - Registrations"
- Select Aadhaar Registration (or Inquiry as per your need)
- You can now select the Account type (Savings/Checking) after which you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number.
- You will be prompted to re-enter the same.
Aadhaar Linking through SMS
To avail this service, mobile number should be registered with the bank:
Send SMS to 567676 in the following format UID(space)Aadhaar number(space)Account number
If the mobile number is not registered or in case the Aadhaar is already linked to Account, an SMS reply will be sent to you.
If your mobile number is registered with the Bank, you will receive an SMS confirmation of the seeding request.
The Aadhaar number will be verified by Bank with UIDAI. In case it fails verification, SMS will be sent to Customer to contact any SBI branch along with Aadhaar number or e-aadhaar.
Linking through Branch channel
Customer visits any SBI branch with a copy of his/her Aadhaar number or e-aadhaar.
At the branch, a Letter of Request will be obtained from customer along with the Xerox copy of Aadhaar letter.
After necessary verification, the linking will be done by the branch. An SMS will be sent to customer's registered mobile number regarding the status of seeding.