Bharat Sanchar Nigam limited (BSNL) along with the State bank of India (SBI) has launched MobiCash app. It is a single cashless mobile financial platform offering a cost efficient suite of transaction processing, switching, and mobile payments.
The MobiCash accounts are accessible through your fingerprint, phone, MobiCash card and online.
Once the app is downloaded by the user, it works on both the smart and feature phones. Once a customer registers, the user can avail both the cash in and cash out facilities with help of a network of BSNL franchises and retailers.
How to download the app?
The Mobile Wallet application can be downloaded from the link received via SMS at the time of registration if GPRS connectivity is available on the handset.
It may also be downloaded from the M/s. Oxigen website www.myoxigen.com, or from other devices using Bluetooth or data cable. For an applicant not having a GPRS / Java enabled mobile.
The Services under State Bank MobiCash Mobile Wallet is available over SMS for which a different set of Business rules will be applicable.
How to use the MobiCash?
The wallet can be used in "self-mode" as well as in assisted mode through the help of BSNL CSPs. The wallet can be upgraded to Full-KYC wallet, which offers higher transaction limits and cash withdrawal at BSNL CSPs. For more information users can visit www.sbimobicash.co.in.
Where can you use MobiCash?
- Sending money to someone.
- Making payments to the merchants on your account.
- Online buying, recharge and bill payments.
- Merchant outlets accept MobiCash as payment for goods and services.
- Online tracking of your transactions.
- Save and deposit money.
What are the benefits of using MobiCash?
- MobiCash is free to open
- No minimum balance is required to keep.
- Network agnostic
- No need to update your phone or even get another SIM card to use this account, the user can use their present number and settings.
- Not need to have a phone; just use your Finger.
- Use MobiCash card to access your account.
- You can use this account to save your money and only use it when you really need to or send money to someone else or make payments to participating MobiCash outlets.
- The M-Cash account is financially inclusive.
How to close the MobiCash wallet account?
If the customers do not want to use the app further, android and iOS users can uninstall the app. Before closing the wallet make sure that the account is having no cash in it and you have filled the account closer form at your nearest CSP. The featured phone user can send SMS: CLOSESBMC** send it to 51516(for BSNL user) or 9418399999 (For other users).