PhonePe is an online wallet app to handle money. The PhonePe app is one of the first app based on government backed Unified Payment's Interface developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and is powered by YES Bank.
Flipkart launched PhonePe in August. This UPI-based app can serve all your payment needs, in a safe and secure manner.
How does it work?
Through PhonePe you can link your bank account (s) over UPI and make instant bank to bank transfers by just using a mobile number or unique payment identity - Virtual Payment Address(VPA).
How to get a PhonePe app?
You can download the app from the Google Play Store. PhonePe app can be used like an online wallet to handle all your monetary transactions. Get the app here.
PhonePe has replaced Flipkart Money and Myntra Cashback. Now all customer refunds on Flipkart and Myntra are currently processed using PhonePe. You can spend your wallet balance or withdraw it into your linked bank account (s) in quick.
Things you can do on the PhonePe app
1. Send and request money from your contacts anytime, anywhere.
2. Recharge any prepaid Mobile/Datacard/DTH connections across in India.
3. Payment of postpaid landline bills, data card, and mobile bills for all major operators in the country.
4. Pay for utilities such as electricity bill and gas bill.
5. Split bills with your friends and settle them right away.
6. Shop on Flipkart.
Coming soon in PhonePe app
1. Shop on Myntra, Jabong, and all other online shopping destinations using PhonePe features
2. Transact up to Rs.1 lakh per transaction, 24*7
3. Get instant refunds and cashback from partner merchants into your PhonePe wallet. Instantly withdraw your entire wallet balance to your UPI enabled bank account with just one swipe as free of cost.
4. Payment by linking account and cards
Users can link thier UPI enabled bank account, PhonePe wallet, and your credit & debit cards. You can additionally partial pay using the funds in your wallet along with any of the payment methods.
You can top up your wallet using your UPI enabled bank account or a debit card to make lightning fast payments to your friends, family or even an everyday payment. One-click payment using your PhonePe account at any of our merchant partner locations.
Now users can transact in their regional language, Hindi, Tamil, Bengali, and Marathi, now live. More languages will come soon in PhonePe.