It is essential to check your employee Provident Fund balance from time to time to know how much you have managed to save in your account. You can check your PF balance by giving a missed call. For that, we need valid UAN number and Registered mobile number. Once you have both, give a missed call on 011 229 01 406. You will receive an SMS that will denote your PF number, age, name, and balance. This facility is available only to UAN member and is free of cost. The Employees Provident Fund Organization introduced different methods to know about EPF they are Check EPF balance with EPF mobile App, EPF Passbook, EPF balance with EPF mobile App.
What do you need?
To get the EPF balance through the missed call service, you must fulfill some conditions. Know what are the requirements to Know PF Balance.
- You should have the UAN
- Your UAN should be activated.
- You have to give the correct mobile number at UAN portal. If you are not using the registered mobile number now, you have to change the mobile number first.
- You should call from the same mobile number which is given at UAN portal.
- Your UAN should have linked the PAN Card/ Adhaar number/Bank Account.
How to check balance through missed call?
Call to this number 011-22901406 from your registered mobile. While activating UAN, you have to give your mobile number. One UAN can have only one mobile number, so make sure that you have not registered this number before. Also, make sure that you should not change this number. If you have changed your mobile number, you have to update the mobile number on UAN site.
After miss call, you will get an SMS from AM-EPFOHO. EPFO will send you an SMS, in reply to that missed call. This SMS contains the information about the EPF balance in your account. Along with this, the SMS has Following details.
- Member ID (UAN)
- PF number
- Date of Birth
- EPF balance
- Last Contribution
If your Company is Private TRUST, then you will not get your balance details. You will have to contact your employer.
Why prefer missed call?
The missed call method to know the EPF balance is most convenient for everyone. It is considered better than the mobile app and SMS. These are the reasons.
- You don't need a smartphone to use the missed call service for app-based services you need a smartphone. Any phone can be utilized for the EPF balance enquiry through missed call.
- Keeping mobile app for such a rare use not advisable. While downloading app one need to check his or her data, space on the phone to keep the app, etc.
- Making a call is easier than typing an SMS. Especially people who are not expert in using mobile phones even can avail this service.
- You have to remember the code for SMS method of balance check.
- You don't need to pay money for this service.
How does it work?
When you give the mobile number during UAN activation, it gets linked to UAN. The UAN which has the PAN / Bank Account number / Adhaar number is considered as the verified UAN. Then the UAN member portal maintains all the information about the EPF member.
When you give a missed call to the EPFO from your mobile, your mobile number is registered with the UAN database. By your mobile number, the UAN is fetched. This is how they track information about your account. Taking details from this account, the UAN sends an SMS to the respective mobile number.
Missed Call Service Not Working
Some times this can happen. In such cases, you can use alternative methods to check your EPF balance. You can use Mobile SMS, and M-EPF app to know your EPF balance.