The Indian Government is making the 12 digit Aadhaar Card mandatory for a lot of procedures. The government requested everyone to link their Aadhaar number to their bank accounts.
The linking of Aadhaar to the bank account is making compulsory to make sure that people get the subsidies and benefits of government schemes directly in their bank accounts.
How to link Aadhaar Card to ICICI Bank Account?
Linking or Seeding Aadhaar Card to ICICI Bank is easy. It can be done in few minutes by following simple steps. You can link aadhar card with a bank by three ways:
- Linking Aadhaar Card to ICICI Bank Online Mode
- Linking Aadhaar Card to ICICI Bank Offline Mode
- Linking Aadhaar Card to ICICI Bank through SMS
Why is it compulsory?
Linking aadhaar card to banks becomes mandatory for all to get the benefits of varied schemes which are launched by the central and state government.Schemes and benefits such as LPG Subsidy Scheme and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and Atal Pension Yojana can be availed if your aadhaar card number is linked with your ICICI bank account number. It will help the government in identifying people who are in need of the subsidies and welfare payments.
You need the hard copy or photostat copy of your aadhaar card and bank account statement to link aadhaar card with bank account number offline. If you are doing it online, then you don't need the hard copy just need your 12 digit aadhar number and net banking details.
To link aadhaar card to ICICI bank online you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- You have to visit the official website of ICICI Bank Net Banking.
- Give your username and password
- Now click on Customer Service Tab
- Select service request
- Bank Account Service Request
- Click on Account Details
- Click on Modification Related
- Now request for updating Aadhaar number in Savings Account
- Then fill your 12 digit aadhaar number and submit the form online
- By clicking on Submit icon will allow you to link your Aadhaar Card to your ICICI Bank account.
The details provided by the ICICI bank customer will be updated in ICICI bank system, and they will verify it manually. If everything is proper, you will get a confirmation from ICICI bank in your email address or SMS on your registered mobile number with ICICI bank.
ICICI Bank is not offering linking aadhaar card to the bank via SMS now.