*99# is a USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) based mobile banking service from NPCI. This brings together diverse ecosystem partners such as Banks & TSPs (Telecom Service Providers).
Using *99# service, you can get financial services. You have to dial *99# from your mobile phone number which is registered with the bank. The service works across all GSM service providers and handsets.
The *99# service works without the internet, and it works even on holidays which makes it convenient for all customers.
The service can be availed by dialing *99# from any GSM mobile phones. To avail this benefit the customer is required to register their mobile number with their bank for the mobile banking services. You have to contact their respective banks for mobile banking registration.
People who all are using mobile banking can use this service without any additional registration by dialing *99# from their GSM mobile handset.
How to check account balance?
The user can check the available balance of the bank account linked to his or her mobile number using this service. See how to do transactions here:
- Dial *99# from your Mobile handset.
- A welcome screen will appear asking you to enter your bank's three letters short name or first four letters of IFSC.
- Enter the first letters.
- After entering valid IFS Code or short name, a menu will appear with different options of available services enabled for your bank.
- Enter 1 for Balance Enquiry and submit.
- A confirmation screen will come displaying the available balance.