Individuals who have subscribed to the National Pension Scheme (NPS) of the government for meeting out their income needs during retirement are provided with a unique and portable PRAN or Permanent Retirement Account Number. The retirement account number remains the same throughout the life of the NPS subscriber.
As part of the nation-wide seeding requirement with Aadhaar for different IDs, PRAN is no exception. So, on similar lines, the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) which manages the NPS scheme has call for the seeding of Aadhaar with PRAN allotted under NPS scheme.
To seed the PRAN of your NPS scheme with Aadhaar, here is detailed a step-by-step procedure.
1. Subscribers under the NPS scheme have to first log in to their NPS scheme
2. Under the main menu titled Update details select the tab that requires you to Update Aadhaar or Address Details.
3. Punch on your Aadhaar details
4. Enter the one-time password as part of the verification process by the UIDAI.
5. Completion of authentication process through OTP, shall complete the seeding of Aadhaar with PRAN of NPS scheme.
The pension body has stipulated that the seeding by this method is to be done even in a case when the Aadhaar ID was provided in a earlier situation.
In case of any mismatch in names and correspondingly for any modification in the PRAN card, individuals are required to provide self-attested copies of both the PRAN card and Aadhaar Id.