Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana is a Social Security Scheme for the rural landless household. Two schemes Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY) and Janashree Bima Yojana (JBY) and the merged scheme is renamed as "Aam Admi Bima Yojana." It is in effect from 01.01.2013.
Under Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana scheme the head of the family or one earning member in the family of such a household is covered.
- The members of the scheme should be aged between 18 years completed and 59 years nearer birthday.
- The member should be the head of the family or one earning member of the below poverty line family (BPL) or marginally above the poverty line under identified vocational group/rural landless household.
For joining the Aam Admi Bima Yojana scheme, you need to give the documents for age proof. The following documents can be submitted as age proof.
- Ration Card
- Extract from Birth Register
- Extract from School Certificate
- Voter's List
- Identity card issued by reputed employer/Government Department
- Aadhar Card
The insured person has to pay no premium because the premium of Rs 200 per person per annum for a cover of Rs.30,000 which is shared equally by the Central Government and the State Government. Out of Rs 30,000, 50% will be subsidized from the Social Security Fund.
For Rural Landless Household (RLH) the remaining 50 % premium will be bear by the State Government or Union Territory. For other occupational groups, the remaining 50% premium shall be borne by the Nodal Agency and State Government/ or Member and Union Territory.
Know the benefits under Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana scheme:
- The Death Benefit: In the event of the death of policy holder, the surviving nominees or family of the policyholder will be given Rs 30,000.
- If the death has occurred due to accident or on permanent total disability due to the accident (loss of 2 eyes or 2 limbs) the amount given to the nominees or family members of the owner of the policy is R. 75,000.
- In the case of partial permanent disability due to the accident (loss of one eye or one limb), an amount of Rs 37500 will be given to the nominees or family members of the owner of the policy.
Maximum of two children of the beneficiary who are studying between 9th to 12th Standard can avail scholarship of free add-on benefit at Rs 100 per month for each child, which is payable on a half yearly basis July 1 and on January 1, every year.