The retirement fund body EPFO has asked all account holders to link their EPF account with Aadhaar number. Earlier EPFO has already made it mandatory for pensioners as well as subscribers to submit Aaddhar for availing of benefits of the Employees' Pension Scheme.
Many people don't know how to perform EPF account and Aadhaar linking activities online. Considering this hardship of employees and pensioners, EPFO launched the facility to update or link it offline.
The EPFO has developed this Aadhaar seeding application with support of the Common Service Centers (CSC) and CDAC. EPFO joined CSC of the IT department to widen its reach to all EPF members all over the country. The CSC network is one of the largest government approved online service delivery channels in the world. How To Link Aadhaar With Your EPF Account Online?
How to link Aadhaar- Epf offline?
If you are a EPF member or pensioner you can walk in any of the field offices of EPFO or CSC outlets with UAN and Aadhaar and seed the Aadhaar with the UAN. Know The Benefits Of Linking Aadhaar With EPF Account
What you all need?
You need the following details to link Aadhaar and EPF account offline:
- UAN number
- PAN card copy
- Aadhaar card copy
- Bank IFSC code
- Account number
Why you need to link Aadhaar to EPF?
- 12 digit Aadhaar number is one of the important KYC document which contains details like your name, date of birth and address details along with your photo.
- By linking Aadhaar to EPF, you will make it easy to merge multiple UAN numbers into single UAN.
- Aadhaar is used as Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Address (POA). This will reduce the number of documents to upload into a single document.
- During withdrawal process of EPF, it makes easy for EPFO to verify your KYC credentials at ease.
- These are the major benefits for link Aadhaar to EPF. Linking Aadhaar with EPF account will avoid duplication also.