The government requested every bank account holder to link their 12 digit Aadhaar number to their bank accounts. The unique identification (UID) number is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) for all Indian residents who are enrolling for the same.
Axis Bank has launched the facility for linking Aadhaar number with your bank accounts.
How To Register?
Linking or seeding Aadhaar Card to Axis Bank account is very easy. It can be done in few minutes by following simple steps. You can link Aadhaar card with Axis Bank Account by these six ways:
- Visit your nearest Axis Bank ATM counter
- Insert Debit card
- Click on Registration
- Enter your ATM PIN
- Select Link Aadhaar No. from the options
- Select Account
- Click on update
- Enter your Aadhaar No. correctly
- Re-enter Aadhaar No.
- Confirm your Aadhaar card number by clicking confirm button on the screen.
2. Internet Banking
- Open your Axis bank net banking window
- Login using Internet banking credentials
- Click on the "Aadhaar Seeding" link for registration
- Provide details
3. Phone Banking Center (PBC)
You can do Aadhaar-Bank account linking through phone banking centers also. Follow these steps:
- Call on PBC toll-free number
- Authenticate on IVR using Debit card/Customer ID
- Press ‘4' to link your Aadhaar No.
- Press ‘1' to confirm.
Customers of Axis Bank can also link their Aadhaar Cards to their Axis Bank accounts by simply sending an SMS from their registered mobile numbers.
- Type 'Aadhaar AC' and last six digits of A/C No.
- Send the text to 5676782
The only step in the process requires the individual to visit Axis Bank's official website and navigate to the Official Register Aadhaar Card page. You can Click here to connect Aadhaar and Axis bank account.
Fill up the Resident Consent Form to link your Axis Bank Account with your Aadhaar number. Carry original Aadhaar Card and a copy of it. You can download a copy of the RCF from Axis Bank website.
Benefits of Aadhaar Linked Bank Accounts
Linking your Aadhaar number with your Axis bank Account helps you to:
- Provide a single financial address for government subsidies.
- Get a direct credit of LPG subsidy from Government into your account.
- Receive the direct credit of other Govt subsidies like welfare funds, pensions, scholarships, MNREGA wages, etc. into your account.