After closing the window for registration under GST, the GSTN opened its registration platform again on June 25. With this tax-practitioners, tax payers both existing taxpayers registered under service tax, excise or VAT in addition to those that have now come forth under the GST tax bracket such as businesses in textile category can register until next three months.
The registration under GST is also kept open for deductors of TDS as well as businesses in the e-commerce segment.
To complete the registration procedure, you need the following documents and keeping it handy shall serve you good and ease the process of registration.
1. PAN: For registering under the GSTN framework, businesses and traders will need to furnish Permanent Account Number of their companies.
2. Partnership deed or registration certification or RC: As a proof of constitution, the businesses willing to register under GST need to provide either of the two documents.
3. Cancelled cheque of the bank account of the taxpayer: The cheque with other details including name of the tax payer, branch branch details, IFSC code and MICR codes.
4. Address Proof of the place where the business is under operation: In lieu of the same taxpayers registering under the GSTN need to provide electricity bill or rent receipts.
5. Certificate of Incorporation, MoA and AoA has also to be furnished
6. Authorised signatories will have to furnish in their details, in case of a partnership concern, partners in the company and directors in case of the company will have to submit both their Id and address proofs.
For the tax-practitioner, PAN and Aadhaar are required. Also, their mobile number and e-mail ids should be fully functional as the enrolment process would entitle them to receive OTPs several times.
The registration shall also require the tax-practitioner to provide scanned photograph, degree certificates, ICPA membership certificate in addition to proof related to STP or ITP registration. The scans have to be in PDF or JPEG formal within 100 KB size.