The low-cost personal accidental cover, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana is launched in 2015 to increase the insurance penetration level in the country.
The Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana offer accidental death, full disability, partial disability cover, etc.
- Death benefit is up to 2 lakhs
- Insurance covers up to Rs 2 lakh in case of irrecoverable and total loss of both hands, both eyes or sight or one leg or foot.
- Rs 1 lakh in case of lost of one leg, hand, foot, eye, or sight.
Eligibility and premium
This cover is available to people in the age group 18 to 70 years. The premium only Rs 12 per annum. The premium will be directly auto-debited by the bank from the subscribers' account.The applicant should have a savings bank account and a consent letter for the auto debit facility. Difference Between Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana and Jeevan Jyoti Bima yojana
How to apply for PMSBY?
Know how to apply for or join Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- Download and Fill the Scheme Application/Enrollment Form
- Fill the following details correctly:
(iii) Your Bank account number
(iv) Aadhaar Number
- Attach the copy of Aadhaar card
- Submit the application
- Save the acknowledgment slip for future references
Who offers this scheme?
The scheme is offered by all public sector general insurance companies. New India Assurance Company, National Insurance Company, The Oriental Insurance Co, and United India Insurance Co, etc. through tie-ups with banks offer PMSBY. Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana: 8 Must Know Facts