It is mandatory for all bank account holders to link their Aadhaar card numbers to their bank accounts. Linking Aadhaar to the bank account is a must for availing benefits such as Direct Benefits Transfer scheme, provided by the Government of India.
How to get it done?
There are two ways to attach Aadhaar Number with your Punjab National Bank account. Through Internet Banking, or by visiting nearest PNB bank branch.
If you use PNB net banking then you can complete Aadhaar seeding process directly from your home, the only thing you need is a mobile or laptop with internet connection. Those who do have access to online banking service of the bank can visit any nearest PNB bank branch to seed Aadhaar to PNB account.
Linking Aadhaar Card to PNB Bank online
If you have enables PNB net banking service on your account then you can easily link your Adhaar Card with your PNB bank account online. Follow the steps given below for seeding Adhaar card to PNB bank.
- Login to PNB internet banking.
- From the Homepage, you can see "Other services" option then select Aadhaar Registration.
- Upon clicking on the link, you will get a form will appear. Fill out the form by entering your account number and Aadhaar number.
- After entering the details, click on checkbox front of "I Agree."
- Click on continue.
- In the next page, a successful submission message along with a reference id will be displayed.
- In the next 24-48 working hours, you will receive the status of your Aadhaar seeding on your registered mobile number.
By visiting nearest PNB bank branch
You can visit any nearest Punjab National Bank branch for Aadhaar seeding. The customer needs to submit an Aadhaar seeding form along with Aadhaar card Xerox copy. You will be notified when the seeding is done.
Link Aadhaar with PNB Bank via SMS
Many private-sector banks allow their customers to link Aadhaar with their bank accounts by mobile SMS. Unfortunately, PNB bank is not now offering linking Aadhaar card to the bank via SMS facility.