Canara Bank is one of the oldest banks in the country. Now it is mandatory that all Canara bank account holders link their Aadhar card to their bank accounts at the earliest.
How to link Aadhaar to Canara bank account?
You can link your Aadhaar card number to Canara bank account by two methods. These options are:
1. Offline, by visiting the bank branches directly
2. Online, through the bank website
If you choose to link their Aadhaar card to Canara bank account through their offline method.
- Visit the closest branch of Canara Bank along with the necessary documents, i.e., original and photocopy of Aadhaar card, original and photocopy of passbook.
- You need to fill in an application form to link the Aadhaar card to their bank account.
- Submit the form to the bank along with the documents, for manual verification.
- Applicants will receive the bottom half of the application form as the acknowledgment.
- After seeding has been completed, individuals will receive a notification on their email or through SMS.
Follow the steps given below to link Aadhaar with Canara bank account.
- Visit the online page of Canara Bank. If you have an account already just log in to that account.
- Provide their Account number and customer ID.
- You will get an OTP or One Time Password on the mobile phone. Enter this OTP.
- Provide Aadhaar number and click on Submit.
- Verification will be done manually, and individuals will receive a notification once this has been done.
As of now, Canara bank account holders cannot link Aadhaar card to their account at Canara Bank via SMS or ATM. Hence they can follow the methods provided above.