Most of us have already received the messages to connect our Aadhaar Card number with the mobile number.
Recently, the Department of Telecommunication (DOT) has instructed all the Indian Telecom Operators to verify all mobile numbers by linking it to Aadhaar.
You need the following documents before connecting Aadhaar with the mobile number.
- Aadhaar card copy of sim card owner and Aadhaar number
- Mobile with sim card inserted
- Fingerprint for the biometric verification
Steps to link Aadhaar
- Visit your nearest retail store of your respective SIM provider.
- Give the phone number and Aadhaar card number to the executive.
- He will send a four digit verification code to your mobile number. Only after this, you can move to next level verification process.
- Provide the verification number to the executive, and he will ask for your fingerprint for the biometric verification.
- Within 24 hours the sim card owner will get a confirmation message. You have to reply with the word "Y," to that, and then the verification process will be completed.
- Your sim card is now successfully connected with the Aadhaar card.
Why to link the Aadhaar now?
Aadhaar is mandatory now for SIM card also. As per the Department of Telecommunication, (DOT) linking Aadhaar to your mobile number will add security to its users. The new move will lower down the number of fake sim card owners also.
From getting the driving license to avail free mid-day meals, the government is making Aadhaar card mandatory for many things. There is also reports that soon people need to link Aadhaar with Voter ID person for several electoral purposes. Now it is compulsory to link Aadhaar and PAN for filing ITR also. How To Link Aadhaar With Your EPF Account Online?