We all know the importance of your biometric information of Aadhaar. Any slight compromise in Aadhaar Information may lead to possible misuse or fraud. You can avoid any misuse of your biometric information by locking your Aadhaar card online.
After locking the biometrics, then you will not be able to use your Biometrics for authentications. This prevents potential misuse.
Let us see now the process of how to lock Aadhaar Card online,
You can lock your Aadhaar Card online. Before start locking makes sure that you have the registered mobile number with you. UIDAI will send a one-time password (OTP)to your registered number during the process.
How to lock Aadhaar card?
Let us see the process of how to lock Aadhaar Card online.
- Visit the UIDAI Aadhaar Biometric Locking link.
- Enter your 12 digits unique Aadhaar number and the code available next.
- Click on Send OTP. UDAI will send OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Note this OTP will be valid only for 30 minutes. You have to enter this OTP in the space provided for and click on Log in.
- Click on the tab "Enable" to lock the Aadhaar biometric by entering the code available side to it.
- Then you will receive the successful message of locked Aadhaar Biometric.
Once you lock, then you can unlock it only for 10 minutes. After this temporary unlock period, UIDAI will lock your Aadhaar automatically after 10 minutes. How To Prevent Mis-use of Aadhaar? Know What Is Aadhaar Card Locking