Opening an NPS account now takes just 25-30 minutes. If you have an account in any of the 17 banks empanelled with the National Securities Depository Ltd (NSDL) and it is linked to your PAN, you can apply online for an NPS account at enps.nsdl.com.
While opening an NPS account, you need a mobile number, an email id, scanned copy of photo and signature and an active savings bank account (with net banking facility). You will also need either your Aadhaar or PAN card.
How to open NPS account?
Follow the steps explained below to open an NPS account.
- Navigate to the NSDL's eNPS website, enps.nsdl.com.
- Click on the ‘REGISTRATION' tab.
- A new window will open. On the ‘Online Subscriber's Registration' page, choose ‘New Registration.'
- Make the selections that are appropriate to your case such as the status of applicant, account type, etc.
- If you have Aadhaar card, select ‘Aadhaar.' You can also, select ‘PAN.'
If you have selected Aadhaar follow the below-mentioned steps to proceed.
- Click ‘Generate OTP.'
- Enter all the details, and the OTP received on your mobile.
- The system will search for your personal details from the Aadhaar database.
- Enter all the mandatory information in the online form.
- Upload a scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Submit the details to reach the online payment gateway.
- Do the first contribution by debit or credit card or net banking facility of your bank.
What If you selected PAN?
Follow these steps if you selected PAN.
- From the list, you can select the bank in which you hold a savings account.
- Your bank will verify your KYC details.
- For verification, the bank will charge a one-time fee of Rs 125 from your account.
- Enter all the mandatory details in the online form.
- It is important to note that your name and address match with your bank's records. This is essential for KYC verification.
- Upload your photograph and signature.
- Make the online payment.
- After successful payment, the PRAN is generated.
National Pension Scheme
The National Pension Scheme provides financial security to the citizens after the retirement. The scheme also has tax benefits. This scheme can function as a regular source of income after retirement. 6 Government Backed Investment Schemes For Best Return And Less Risk
NPS toll-free number
In the case of any difficulty in opening the NPS account, you may call the NPS helpline number on 1800110708. It is a toll-free number to help existing and potential subscribers with their queries. 11 Reasons Why You Should Have A PF Account?