Insuring all two wheelers on the road are made mandatory by law in India. Sometimes the old users who tend to ignore or delay renewing their policy. Policy lapses when you do not pay the premium on time, and consequently, all rights and benefits become limited.
Today, insurers offer hassle-free and instant online renewal process with just a click of a button as against the conventional mode.
How can you renew your policy?
By online and offline you can renew your lapsed policy.
Renew policy online
Renewing your policy online is the very simple process. You need to follow these steps:
- Log into your insurer's website and fill the required details.
- Enter vehicle registration number, policy details, and information about any add-on cover that you may have opted for.
- Your policy will be renewed at the completion of this procedure and documents will be sent to you via e-mail.
- The online renewal of policy does not require any physical inspection of your vehicle.
Renew policy offline
If you choose to renew the policy offline, you need to walk into the insurer for getting your ride surveyed.The applicant needs to produce policy documents and claims related papers. After successful;l completion of this, you will be awarded the policy and NCB accordingly. How To Lower Your Motor Insurance Premium?
Insurance policy for 3 years
IRDAI introduced long-term insurance for two-wheelers for 3 yrs term. If you opt for such policy, you can avoid annual hike as the premium that you would pay will be equal to the annual premium applicable in the current year.
Failure of renewal of policy
The following conditions happens when you fail to renew your two-wheeler policy,
- Your No Claims Bonus (Or NCB) will be forfeited if the policy is allowed to lapse for more than 90 days.
- You may end up with higher premium in the next cycle.
- The risk of the accident and related third party liabilities.