Government introduced UPI can now be conveniently used for making payments for your rides in Uber cab aggregator. The company that has fast become an integral part of working community only after Ola has entered into a new collaboration with UPI or Unified Payments Interface for facilitating payments by riders.
How to Use UPI for Uber Rides?
Apart from the other modes of payment including net banking, debit or credit card, e-wallet, paytm and cash, you can also use the govt. backed UPI.
1. In the payment mode tab in the Uber app you need to make the UPI option active.
2. Add your VPA; in the format name@bankname and link it to the Uber app.
3. To authenticate the payment address provided, Uber asks a payment of Rs. 1 at the initial stage.
4. Then you need to visit the UPI enabled app for authenticating the virtual payment address or VPA. Then say you visit the bank app which is UPI enabled, here you get a notification for collection of Rs. 1 with the amount and customer reference number.
5. Then in the Uber app, you get an approval saying that now on payments can be made using UPI. Note: UPI Pin have to be used for paying for the trip or Uber ride.