Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is launched last year on 1st May by Prime Minister Modi. Under this scheme, BPL households will be provided free LPG connections.
It aims to safeguard the health of women and children by providing them with a clean cooking fuel LPG. Under this scheme, the connections will be issued in the name of women of the households. Rs 8000 crore has been allocated towards the implementation of the Ujjwala Yojana.
What Is PMUY?
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme is for providing LPG Connections to the women of Below Poverty Line (BPL) households. Under this Scheme, 5 crore LPG connections will be given to BPL households over a period of three years. Identification of the BPL families will be done through Socio-Economic Caste Census Data.
Benefits of PMUY
The entire cost of new connection, including Security deposit (cylinder and Pressure Regulator), the cost of Suraksha Hose pipe, DGCC book, installation and administrative charges on a one-time basis, will be borne by the Government under PMUY. The total cost of new connection borne by the Government is Rs 1600.
Eligibility criteria of PMUY
Know who are eligible to get LPG connection under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
Eligibility criteria for BPL families would be:
- The applicant should be a woman belonging to the BPL household.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of India and above the age of 18 years.
- The household of the applicant should not already own an LPG connection in anyone's name in the household.
- Monthly household income of the BPL family should not exceed a certain level as defined by the state governments and union territories.
- The applicant's data should match with the BPL data with Oil Marketing Companies as per the SECC-2011 (Rural) database.
- The applicant should not have availed similar benefits in any other Government scheme.
Documents needed for PMUY application
Below mentioned is the list of mandatory documents to be attached along with the filled PMUY application form.
- BPL Certificate Authorized by Panchayat Pradhan / Municipality Chairman
- BPL Ration Card
- One Photo ID (Aadhar Card or Voter ID Card)
- One Recent Passport Size Photograph
Apart from these mandatory documents you may need to produce the following documents also,
- Driving License
- Lease Agreement
- Telephone / Electricity / Water Bill
- Copy of Passport
- Self-Declaration attested by Gazetted Officer
- Ration Card
- Flat Allotment / Possession Letter
- House Registration Documents
- LIC Policy
- Bank / Credit Card Statement