The Indian government is making it compulsory for bank accounts, PAN, mobile numbers, passports, PPF, savings schemes and others to be linked to Aadhaar. Now your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account should be linked to your Aadhaar.
Earlier you have to log in to EPF unified portal to link Aadhaar to EPF online. Now the EPFO has made it easy for users to link Aadhaar with your EPF account without login to the EPFO portal.
Know how to link your Aadhaar to EPF account without login to your account:
- Visit EPFO Portal
- In the home page, you can see"Online Services" option.
- From that option select "eKYC Portal."
- The new eKYC window will open.
- In the new window, you have to select "Link UAN Aadhaar."
You need to provide your details here. The details needed are UAN number (mandatory) and the mobile number which is linked to UAN. To your registered mobile number they will send a One Time Password or OTP. Enter this OTP and provide your Aadhaar number, then click on Submit. How To Download EPF Passbook Using EPF App?
Another OTP will be sent to your mobile or email linked with Aadhaar for verification. If UAN details are matching with Aadhaar details, then UAN will be linked with Aadhaar. After linking, the EPFO you may avail online EPFO services linked with Aadhaar. How To Link Aadhaar With Your EPF Account Online?
Benefits of Aadhaar-EPF linking
By linking Aadhaar to EPF account, you can enjoy some benefits:
- It is easy to merge multiple UAN numbers to single when Aadhaar and UAN is linked.
- For online claim submission, Aadhaar and EPF account should be linked
- Linking Aadhaar will reduce the requirement of uploading multiple documents.
- Claim settlement will be easy if your Aadhaar is linked with UAN.